- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Determine how far the memetic infection that led to the destruction of Lin-T8811 has spread within the True Republic Faction.
- Determine the source of the infection.
- If this infection derived from the Melanicus Remote Quarantine Storage Vault, determine how the vault was penetrated and devise measures to prevent a recurrence.
- If this infection derived from other sources, contain or cauterize those sources if possible.
Erid-Q8945 is mission lead. Pan-R1919 and Sev-R1920 have been assigned as analysts and planners. Tris-G4871 has been assigned as operator and transport. Supplies and equipment have been authorized for an 80-LY scouting mission, including additional offensive weapons (x4 standoff Z-bombs), defensive weapons (x2 agitator rifles), anthromorph combat chasses (x10), and reconnaissance drones (x6).
CONIFER has been granted level three priority in drawing on Melanicus resources for further operational needs.
A request for parley has been transmitted to the True Republic Faction in the approved method. Tris-G4871 will proceed to the designated parley point with Erid-Q8945 and make contact with the True Republic representative, requesting information on the loss of Lin-T8811 as per the Memorandum of Mutual Understanding on Memetic Hazards, and proposing a joint investigation. Erid-Q8945 will be the field commander and designated envoy. Further operations will be at Erid's discretion, but we anticipate transit into the region of space where Lin-T8811 was lost for investigation. Erid-Q8945 has been authorized by the HIEROPHANT Executive Council to enter True Republic-controlled space without their permission if he deems it necessary to the mission's success.
Pan-R1919 and Sev-R1920 will remain at Melanicus and investigate possible penetration of the Melanicus Remote Quarantine Storage Vault. A request for in-person access to the Vault's support area has been transmitted to Vault Control and is being reviewed. They will also continue review of the recovered Martian archives to seek possible alternative vectors for TINSEL CROWN infection.
Communications between the two teams will be via encrypted squirt transmission using the usual secure protocols.